- 200g ground almonds
- 200g pitted dried dates, coarsely chopped
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 3tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp agave nectar
- 75g no added salt or sugar cashew nut butter
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper. Put the almonds, dates, coconut, cacao or cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend for about 1 min or until combined. Add the honey and blend again – the mixture should hold its shape when pressed into a ball. (If the mixture is too dry, add 1tbsp boiling water and blend for another 20–30 sec until it starts to come together.)
- Scoop up 1tbsp of the mixture and set aside. Press the remaining mixture into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon. Put the tin in the freezer for 5 min or until the mixture is slightly firm.
- Turn the mixture out on to a board, using the baking paper as a lever. Spread the nut butter evenly over the surface, then crumble the reserved date mixture over the top. Cut into 18 even squares. The squares will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
156 4g 10.7g 2.9g 2.7g 10.2g 0g 36mg 11.2g 1mg