- 250g brown rice
- 300g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g pea shoots, chopped
- Handful of flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g shelled pistachios, chopped
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 oranges and zest of 1
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook the brown rice according to the pack instructions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 10 min to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potatoes for 5–8 min until just tender, then add to the cooled rice with the remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine. Season with ground black pepper to serve.
Next time try this…
Omit: the sweet potato and orange zest and juice.
Add: 2 sliced red peppers, the zest and juice of 2 limes and a finely chopped chilli (step 2).
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
418kcal 9.3g 10.6g 1.8g 5.2g 9.3g 0.9g s 77mg 75.8g 2.7mg