User Review( votes)
One-pot courgette, pea and spinach pasta
We're always on the hunt for easy, healthy pasta recipes and this one-pot wonder by Matthew Pritchard is perfect! Packed full of greens, creamy and light, it makes a brilliant midweek meal and only takes 30 minutes to make.
Prep Time 5 min
Cooking Time 25 min
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 courgettes, grated or very thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125ml white wine
- 400ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 300g penne
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- Leaves from a small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- A few fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the courgettes and cook gently over a medium-low heat for 10 min until the courgettes start to soften.
- Finely zest half the lemon and add it to the pan along with the garlic and white wine. Let the mixture bubble away until the wine has evaporated.
- Tip in the stock and almond milk, bring to the boil, then add the penne and peas. Reduce the heat to a simmer, pop on a lid and simmer for 12 min or until the pasta is nearly cooked. Remove the lid, stir in the spinach and cook for a further 2 min. Fold the parsley and mint into the pan, then taste and tweak with freshly ground black pepper and a generous squeeze or so of lemon juice.
- Pile into warm shallow bowls and finish with a small drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with a little nutritional yeast, if using, as a parmesan substitute.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Why not try The Dirty Vegan’s leek, spinach and white bean pie recipe too?.