- 100g orecchiette or other small pasta
- 250g cauliflower florets
- Spray oil
- 125g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 50g rocket leaves
- 2tbsp grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese
- Chilli flakes and fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 6tbsp of the cooking water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Arrange the cauliflower on a baking tray. Spray with oil and roast for 20 min. Spray the kale with oil and add to the tray, then bake for a further 6–8 min until some of the kale is crisp
- Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, then add the breadcrumbs. Toss for 1 min to toast. Take off the heat, stir in the lemon zest and parsley and set aside.
- Add the roast vegetables to the pasta and toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed to bind everything together. Add the rocket and half the cheese. Toss again. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, the garlic-lemon crumbs and black pepper and drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve garnished with the chilli flakes and parsley, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
336kcal 18g 6.6g 2.6g 6.1g 6.4g 0.5g 318mg 48g 3.5mg