- Pick up in store
- 500g lean beef rump steaks, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 8 small slices wholegrain sourdough bread
- Check you have
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus zest and wedges to garnish
- Put the beef in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1½tsp of the oregano. Toss well to coat.
- Coarsely chop 1½ peppers into bite-size pieces. Thread the beef, peppers and onion alternately on to 8 short skewers (pre-soaked in water if wooden). Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the skewers for 6–8 min, turning, or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, slice the remaining pepper into thin strips. Arrange on a serving plate with the cucumber, then drizzle over 1tbsp of the lemon juice. Combine the crumbled feta and remaining oregano in a small bowl, then scatter over the cucumber salad.
- Transfer the skewers to a board lined with non-stick baking paper, or a serving platter. Add the remaining lemon juice to the hot pan and bring to the boil, then spoon the pan juices over the skewers. Serve with the salad and bread, garnished with lemon zest and wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
426kcal 40g 12.9g 4.3g 8.8g 10.1g 1.2g 144mg 32.9g 5.6mg