- 700ml passata
- 1 very low salt veg stock cube dissolved in 500ml boiling water
- 100g orzo
- 2tsp olive oil
- 75g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g kale or baby spinach, chopped
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 50g basil pesto and 4 slices crusty bread, to serve
- Combine the passata and stock in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and add the orzo. Cook, stirring often, for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, celery and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until golden. Transfer to the orzo pan for the last 10 min of cooking time.
- Add the beans and kale or spinach to the orzo pan. Season with black pepper, simmer for 2–3 min, then stir through the basil. Thin the soup with extra water, if needed.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls. Top with the pesto, sprinkle with the extra basil leaves and serve with the bread.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
486 20g 16g 3.8g 12g 12g 1.5g 196mg 59g 3.3mg