- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 100g lean pork loin steaks
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp lightly crushed fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 5tbsp white wine or dry sherry
- 2 x 400g tins brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 250g baby spinach
- 1tbsp thick balsamic vinegar
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- Spray a large frying pan with a little oil and put over a medium-high heat. Cook the pork steaks for 3–4 min on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and spray the pan with a little more oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min. Add the fennel seeds (if using) with the garlic and lemon zest, then stir for 30 sec. Add the wine or sherry, lemon juice and lentils to the pan and simmer for 3 min. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Stir through the balsamic vinegar and pine nuts.
- Divide the lentil mixture among serving plates and top with the pork steaks. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
345 36.9g 10g 1.8g 8.8g 4.6g 0.4g 179mg 26.5g 7.3mg