- Spray oil
- 375g dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots or figs
- 100g almonds, toasted and very coarsely chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, toasted, skins rubbed off, coarsely chopped
- 70g flour or rice flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 175g honey (or maple syrup if you’re vegan)
- 90g caster sugar
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Heat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas 3. Spray a 20cm springform cake tin with oil and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit, nuts, flour, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Put the honey and sugar in a saucepan, and slowly heat to boiling. Allow the mixture to boil for around 15–20 min until it reaches 116°C on a sugar thermometer, or until a little mixture dropped into a glass of cold water forms a soft ball.
- Remove from the heat, leave for 3 min, then add the chocolate and stir in until melted and smooth. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and quickly stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 min until set. Remove from the tin and leave to cool. Dust with icing sugar, then store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Recipe from Essential Volume Two: Sweet Treats for Every Occasion
(Annabel Langbein Media), available from amazon.com
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
209 3.4g 8g 1.5g 3g 24g 0g 40mg 29g 1mg