- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 1tbsp rice bran oil
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 180g skinless, boneless chicken thigh
- 200g mangetout or green beans
- 1 small unripe papaya
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80g ready to eat beansprouts
- 100g salad leaves
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4tbsp chopped fresh thai basil
- 2tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Put the garlic, chilli, fish sauce, rice bran oil, lime juice and brown sugar in a small lidded jar and shake until combined.
- Put the chicken in a shallow dish and spoon over 2tsp of the dressing, keeping the remainder separate in the jar. Toss to coat. Set a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8 min, then turn, cover and cook for a further 5–6 min. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 min. When cool enough to handle, slice the chicken thinly.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the mangetout or beans and cook for 1 min, then refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Put the chicken in a large bowl. Peel the skin off the papaya then, using a large grater or julienne peeler, shred the flesh. Add it to the bowl with the remaining ingredients (reserve a little basil and a few nuts to garnish) and the dressing from the jar. Toss to combine, then transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the reserved basil and nuts to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
408kcal 30g 16g 2.4g 8.4g 28g 2.3g 142mg 30g 4.2mg