- 1 large courgette, peeled into ribbons
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250g small green beans
- 100g frozen peas
- 300g frozen broad beans
- 125g ricotta
- 8 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- 30g baby rocket leaves
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Put the courgette ribbons and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the green beans and peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove the veg from the pan. Refresh under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Return the pan, filled with water, to a high heat. Bring to the boil, then cook the broad beans according to the pack instructions. Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again. Peel the beans and discard the skins.
- Combine the ricotta and lemon zest in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then spread evenly over the toasted bread. Top with the rocket.
- Drain the courgette and return to the bowl. Add the broad beans to the pea mixture, then toss to combine. Spoon the bean mixture over the rocket. Drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped chilli, if using. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over, if you like.
CONVENIENT SPICE Top the brushetta with dried chilli flakes
if you don’t have fresh.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
360 19g 10g 3.2g 12g 7g 0.9g 245mg 41g 4.2mg