- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp ground ginger or cinnamon
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g dairy-free spread
- 100ml sweetened almond or soya milk
- 3tsp vanilla extract
- 300g soya plain yogurt
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 4 peaches, stones removed, sliced
- 4 plums, stones removed, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- .Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas 5. Lightly spray a 24–26cm round tart tin with oil.
- .In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ginger or cinnamon and caster sugar. Rub in the spread with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the almond or soya milk and 2tsp of the vanilla extract to just combine. Bring everything together into a soft dough, then knead briefly in the bowl.
- .Push the dough into the base of the prepared tin, then prick all over with a fork. Bake for 15–18 min until lightly golden. Cool the shortcake slightly, then cut into 16.
- .In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, icing sugar and remaining 1tsp vanilla. Spread half over 8 shortcake pieces, then add half the fruit slices. Layer with the remaining shortcake, yogurt and fruit. Decorate with mint to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
252kcal 5.3g 7.8g 1.6g 3.6g 17.7g 0.3g 118mg 41.8g 1.1mg