- 150g pitted dates
- ¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g no-added-sugar peanut butter (we used Whole Earth)
- 2 egg whites
- 125g agave syrup
- 250g jumbo oats
- 200g quick-cook porridge oats
- Put the dates in a medium heatproof bowl with the bicarbonate of soda, then pour over 250ml boiling water and set aside to soak for 10 min. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 20x30cm brownie tin or baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, whiz the drained dates, peanut butter, egg whites and agave syrup until quite smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and stir through all the oats until they’re well coated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin, using a metal spoon dipped in water to smooth the surface. Bake for 20–22 min until golden. Cut into 15 squares, then leave to cool in the tin for 10 min. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Get out of the habit of buying peanut butter and make your own at home!
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
225 6.4g 7.6g 1.6g 3.8g 14.2g 0.2g 25mg 32g 1.6mg