- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g plain wholemeal flour
- ¾tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (about 180g peeled weight)
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 4tbsp light olive oil
- 4tbsp skimmed milk
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 100g rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and caster sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the banana, egg, olive oil and milk, then add to the flour mixture and fold. Add the pear and rhubarb, then gently fold.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Bake for 1 hr–1 hr 10 min until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Stand for 5 min in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cook’s tip: This bread tastes great on its own, but if you do want to use spread choose a low-fat one and add an extra 20kcal and 2g fat per 1tsp.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
204 3.9g 7.2g 1g 2.7g 18.8g 0.2g 74mg 32.9g 1.1mg