- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 130g low-fat spread
- 7tbsp maple syrup
- 5tbsp unsweetened almond milk or skimmed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g ground almonds
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1½tsp ground ginger
- 3 ripe medium pears, chopped and cored
- 30g crystallised ginger, chopped, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1tsp icing sugar and 170g pot fat-free Greek yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 23cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper and spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the spread, maple syrup, almond milk or skimmed milk, eggs, almonds, flour, baking powder and ground ginger for 2–3 min. Fold in the pears and crystallised ginger.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35–40 min until springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 10 min. Transfer from the tin to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, sift over the icing sugar and serve with the yogurt, sprinkled with the ginger.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
232kcal 6.1g 8.3g 1.5g 2.1g 17g 0.5g 123mg 35g 1.2mg