- 50g low-fat natural yogurt
- ½tsp turmeric
- 1tsp sumac, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice ½ lemon
- 500g lean rump steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 red peppers, cut into 2cm pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans in water, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 25g pack fresh mint, leaves roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine the yogurt, turmeric, sumac, garlic and half the lemon juice in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the steak and stir to coat. Cover and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hr (chill if marinating for longer than this, then bring to room temperature before cooking).
- Heat the barbecue to hot. Thread the steak and peppers alternately on to 8 short skewers (pre-soaked in water if wooden). Spray with oil, then cook on the barbecue (or cook in a hot non-stick griddle pan on the hob) for 5–6 min, turning, until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, beans, mint and the remaining lemon juice in a salad bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the beef skewers with extra sumac and serve with the bean salad and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
266kcal 34.8g 6.9g 3.3g 7.6g 9.1g 0.3g 111mg 16.6g 5.2mg