- 350g baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- 4tbsp basil pesto
- 300g cherry vine tomatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 200g baby spinach
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the carrots in a large ovenproof dish and spray with oil, then roast for 25 min.
- Around 10 min before the end of the roasting time, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 min on each side or until golden and sealed, then remove from the heat and brush each breast with 2tsp of the pesto.
- Add the chicken and tomatoes to the dish with the roasted carrots, then return to the oven for a further 15 min.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 2 min or until bright green, then stir in the spinach to wilt. Drain well. Mix the remaining pesto with the lemon juice.
- Add the beans and spinach to the dish with the cooked chicken and veg, then drizzle with the lemon-pesto mixture and serve.
TIP For a more substantial meal, serve the bake with steamed new potatoes on the side.
If you’ve got leftover pesto to use up, try one of our 15 pesto recipes
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
294 40.3g 10.2g 1.8g 7g 9.7g 0.9g 230mg 10.9g 3.5mg