User Review( votes)
Pesto, mushroom and chicken pizzas
Use wholemeal pittas as a healthier base for these pesto, mushroom and chicken pizzas. They're low in fat and make a super speedy high protein dinner that everyone can enjoy. You can play around with the toppings for some variety too.
Prep Time 15min
Cooking Time 25min
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 wholemeal pittas
- 4tbsp basil pesto
- 1 large courgette, halved and thinly sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken breast
- 180g roasted red peppers from a jar in brine, sliced
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 60g baby rocket
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Put the mushrooms on one of the prepared trays and brush with the oil mixture. Bake for 10–15 min until golden.
- Put 2 pittas on each of the 2 remaining trays. Spread 1tbsp pesto over each pitta, then top with the courgettes, chicken, peppers, mushrooms and feta.
- Bake for 10–12 min until the pizzas are golden and crisp, swapping the trays round halfway through the cooking time. Top with the rocket to serve.