- 150g fennel, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 300g mini squash, quartered, or courgette, cut into chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 150g white fish fillets, skin removed, pin-boned
- 50g baby rocket
For the pistachio crumb:
- 80g unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp small oregano leaves
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the fennel, red onion, squash, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, ground turmeric and 5tbsp water in a large heavy-based baking dish. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then bake for 30–35 min until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the pistachio crumb: combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Put the fish on the prepared baking tray and press the crumb evenly over the fillets.
- Bake the fish alongside the veg for 15–20 min or until it’s cooked through and golden. Carefully transfer the fish to serving plates. Add the rocket to the vegetables in the baking dish, toss well to combine and serve with the fish.
TIP: For an extra 9g carbs per serving: add 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced, to the vegetables before baking.
This recipe has been adapted from CSIRO Low-Carb Every Day by Professor Grant Brinkworth and Pennie Taylor.