- 2 bay leaves
- 400g chicken breasts
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large green pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach or rocket
- 40g toasted walnuts, crumbled
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil with the bay leaves. Add the chicken and return to the boil, then reduce the heat immediately. Gently simmer for 12–15 min until just cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the chicken to stand in the water for 5 min, then drain and slice. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, steam the beans for 2 min, then plunge in a bowl of cold water. Drain, then dry on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and mustard together in a small bowl.
- Combine the beans with the pear, spinach or rocket, walnuts and chicken in a large bowl. Gently toss through the dressing, then serve sprinkled with black pepper, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
278 27.7g 14.1g 1.9g 4.8g 10g 0.3g 88mg 10.7g 2.3mg