- ½ ripe medium avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 4 cooked baby beetroot, quartered
- 50g baby spinach
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp blanched and toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- Gently toss the avocado in a bowl with the beetroot, spinach, olive oil, hazelnuts and lemon juice. Season with ground black pepper and set aside.
- To poach the eggs, heat a large pan of water until it bubbles gently. Crack an egg into a cup, then slide the egg into the water, lowering the cup as close to the water as possible. Using a dessertspoon, gently fold any stray strands of white around the yolk. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cook each egg for 2–3 min, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Divide the avocado mixture among 4 plates, then serve the eggs on top, sprinkled with ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
437kcal 20.6g 36.8g 7.1g 4.9g 4.7g 0.6g 152mg 5.9g 4.2mg