- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube mixed with 250ml boiling water
- 2 star anise
- 1tsp black peppercorns
- 400g (around 3) skinless turkey breast steaks
- 250g brown rice soba noodles
- Juice 2 limes
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriander leaves
- ½ small green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large red apples, grated or julienned
- 50g unsalted roasted cashews, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Put the chicken stock, star anise and peppercorns in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the turkey steaks (along with a little more boiling water if they’re not covered by the stock). Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook for 8 min. Turn off the heat and allow the turkey to cool in the liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain well, rinse under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove the turkey from the stock, reserving 3tbsp of the cooking liquid for the dressing. Roughly shred the turkey and set aside.
- Put the lime juice, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl with the reserved cooking liquid and whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the noodles in the bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the turkey to the noodle bowl along with the green pepper, chilli, if using, spring onions, coriander, cabbage and apples. Toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates or bowls and garnish with the cashews, if using, to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
544 37g 16g 2.8g 8.7g 57mg 0.7g 57mg 58g 2.3mg