- For the poke:
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp chilli powder
- Zest 1 lemon
- 200g tempeh
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- For the salad:
- 1 cooked beetroot (not pickled), diced into 1cm pieces
- 50g canned chickpeas in water, drained
- Handful spinach, torn
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1tsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 50g quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar in brine, drained and diced into 5mm pieces
- For the dressing:
- 3tsp Tabasco sauce
- 60ml olive oil
- Juice 1 lime
- 1tsp mirin (from the world food aisle at supermarkets)
- 1tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 shallot, crushed
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Combine the dry spices and lemon zest in a small bowl. Cut the tempeh into 2cm cubes, then dust all over with the spice mixture and put on a lightly oiled baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jug, then pour over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the salads among 4 bowls, then scatter the roasted tempeh on top.
Recipe from Pokē: Hawaiian-Inspired Sushi Bowls by Celia Farrar and Guy Jackson (Hardie Grant, £12.99) Photo: Matt Russell
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
313 14.3g 19g 2.4g 7.2g 8.4g 0.4g 112mg 17.4g 3.3mg