- PICK UP IN STORE
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large peppers, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 3 courgettes, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley or basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 175g instant polenta
- CHECK THAT YOU HAVE
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, chilli flakes, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 min until softened. Add the peppers and courgettes and cook for a further 5 min, stirring occasionally, until almost tender.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 10 min or until the mixture is thick. Season with black pepper and stir through the chopped parsley or basil.
- Meanwhile, pour the almond milk into another pan, add the stock and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and gradually stir in the polenta. Cook, stirring, for 6–8 min until the polenta has a creamy texture. Season with black pepper.
- Scatter the braised vegetables with the extra parsley or basil and serve alongside the polenta.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
235 10g 6g 0.8g 10g 12.8g 1g 241mg 29g 3.8mg