- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 125g lean pork loin cutlets
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 75g pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Put a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with a little oil.
- Cook the pork cutlets for 2 min on each side or until golden brown, then transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 min or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, return the frying pan to a medium heat and spray with a little more oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 min. Add the chickpeas, olives and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until the chickpeas are heated through and the spinach is just wilted. Remove from the heat and stir through the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then season with ground black pepper.
- Divide the warm chickpea salad among serving plates, then top each with a pork cutlet and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
347 26.6g 14.3g 2.8g 9.7g 7.3g 1.3g 137mg 28.4g 3.7mg