- Cooking oil spray
- 750g pork tenderloin, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 500ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 6 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g green beans, halved
- 250g couscous
- Fresh flatleaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with oil and put over a medium-high heat. Brown the pork, in batches if necessary, then transfer to a tagine or large lidded casserole dish.
- Spray the frying pan with more oil and return to a low heat. Cook the onion and pepper for 4–5 min until soft. Add the ginger, cumin and paprika, then cook for 30 sec or until fragrant.
- Add the stock and tomato purée to the frying pan and bring to the boil, then pour over the pork in the tagine or casserole dish. Add the dates and sweet potatoes, then cover and cook in the oven for 40 min. Remove from the oven and stir through the green beans, then cover and continue to cook for 20 min or until tender. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the tagine among 6 bowls, garnish with parsley, then serve with the couscous.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
460 36.3g 6.7g 2.1g 7.8g 19.4g 0.8g 84mg 66.7g 4.1mg