- 1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large courgette, cut into 1.5cm chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 250g spaghetti
- 350g pork escalopes
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- 30g finely grated parmesan
- 5tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6. Drizzle the garlic with 1tsp oil, wrap in foil and bake for 30 min. Meanwhile, put the aubergine and courgette in an ovenproof dish, season with black pepper and drizzle with 1tbsp oil. Bake for 25 min, adding the tomatoes after 10min.
- While the veg are roasting, prepare the pasta and pork. Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, toss the pork with the mixed herbs and some black pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil over a medium heat and cook the pork for 3 min on each side (do this in batches if necessary). Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving about 4tbsp of the cooking water, and return to the pan. Add the cooked vegetables to the pan, then squeeze the garlic from each clove into the pan and toss.
- Add the reserved pasta cooking water to the pan, increase the heat to high and stir the liquid for 1 min to reduce.
- Stir the parmesan and basil into the pasta, then divide among 4 plates. Serve the pork on top, drizzled with the meat juices.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
460 32g 14g 2.7g 4.7g 5.6g 0.1g 146mg 48g 2.9mg