- 4 medium potatoes (about 200g), halved
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
- 500g pork fillets
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- Spray olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g bag crunchy mixed salad
- 1 apple, grated
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Put the potatoes in a heatproof bowl with 4tbsp water. Cover with 2 sheets of clingfilm and microwave for 8–10 min until tender. Squash the potatoes gently with a potato masher to flatten slightly.
- Meanwhile, put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Lightly coat each pork fillet
in the flour, followed by the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the pork schnitzels and cook for 3–4 min on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Spray the same pan with oil, then add the garlic and cook for 30 sec. Add the microwaved potatoes and cook for 3–5 min on each side until golden.
- Combine the salad, apple, olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Serve with the schnitzels and potatoes, with the lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
365kcal 33g 13.3g 1.4g 2.7g 4.5g 0.1g 34mg 26.9g 0.7mg