- 2tbsp hot peri peri sauce
- 2tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1½ lemons, plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced with pips removed
- 1½tsp dried oregano
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 600g skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2tbsp flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Combine the peri peri sauce, oil, lemon juice and oregano in a large bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast into three pieces and the thighs into two or three, depending on their size. Add to the marinade, cover and chill for 3–4 hr or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking dish with baking paper and arrange the chicken in a single layer. Scatter over the lemon slices and cook for 30–40 min or until cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to the container you’ll be taking to the picnic and immediately store in the fridge, uncovered, until chilled. Keep cool until ready to eat and sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
172 33.7g 3.8g 1g 0.1g 0.4g 0.5g 14mg 0.5g 1.1mg