- 250g raw peeled prawns
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spray olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 200g green beans, chopped
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown rice
- 150g kimchi, chopped
- 2tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2tsp mirin or sherry
- 4 eggs
- Combine the prawns, sesame oil and half the garlic in a bowl and toss to combine. Heat a large wok over a high heat, then stir-fry the prawn mixture for 2–3 min until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reheat the wok over a medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Stir-fry the onion for 2 min. Add the ginger and the remaining garlic and stir-fry for 30 sec or until fragrant. Add the pepper, beans and peas and stir-fry for 2 min. Add the rice, kimchi, soy sauce and mirin or sherry, then stir-fry for 2 min or until hot.
- Meanwhile, set a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the eggs for 2–3 min until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the fried rice among 4 serving bowls, top each with a fried egg and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
389 26g 9g 2g 7.4g 9g 0.9g 127mg 46g 3.5mg