- 100g flat rice noodles
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 25g fresh mint leaves
- 18 cooked peeled tiger prawns, halved lengthways
- 2 carrots, peeled into 24 ribbons
- 1 cucumber, peeled into 24 ribbons (stop at the seeds)
- 1 ripe medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g pea shoots or 1 punnet cress
- Put the rice noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water from the kettle and set aside for 5 min to soften. Drain, rinse under cold water, then drain again. Roughly cut the noodles into shorter lengths.
- Fill a large bowl three-quarters full with lukewarm water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, fully immerse it in the water for 30 sec. Use your fingertips to gently press it down so the ends don’t curl up. Remove from the water and lay the wrapper flat on a damp tea towel.
- Put a mint leaf in the middle of the soaked wrapper, then top with 3 prawn halves. Put 2 carrot and 2 cucumber ribbons alternately over the top of the prawns, horizontally, to create stripes. Trim the ribbons to shorter lengths with scissors if too long. Top with some noodles, mango, avocado and pea shoots or cress. Roll up, then repeat with the rest of the wrappers and filling. Serve with the dipping sauce.
For a low calorie dipping sauce: combine 2tbsp each of sweet chilli sauce, lime juice with 2tsp each of grate fresh ginger and fish sauce. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl with 1tbsp water, then serve.
5kcal, 0g fat, 0g saturates, 1.3g carbs, 1.2g sugars, 0.1g fibre, 0g protein, 0.3g salt, 0mg calcium, 0mg iron