- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g arborio rice
- 2 very low salt gluten-free vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres boiling water
- Large pinch saffron
- 250g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 200g broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion, leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the rice and stir for 1–2 min until toasted and coated with oil. Add the stock with the saffron and bring to the boil. Cover the dish with the lid or foil and bake in the oven for 15 min. Stir in the prawns, broccoli and peas and bake for a further 10–15 min or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Season with black pepper to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
439 21g 6.2g 1.2g 7g 6.8g 0.6g 92mg 70g 2.5mg