- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube
- 1 small potato, unpeeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 spring onion, sliced 2tsp grated ginger
- 1 x 100–125g skinless chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 80g frozen sweetcorn
- 80g broccoli florets
- 25g spinach or chard leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Squeeze lime or lemon juice, to serve
- Bring 450ml water to the boil in a large pan, then add the stock cube and stir to dissolve.
- Add the potato, reduce the heat and simmer for 8 min. Add the spring onion, ginger, chicken, sweetcorn and broccoli. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 3 min, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and the broccoli is tender. Add the spinach or chard and cook for 1 min. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the soup to create a swirl and pour in the beaten egg. Leave for10 sec, then stir gently.
- To serve, scatter over the fresh coriander plus an extra grinding of black pepper, if you like, and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
411 46.1g 9.1g 2.3g 9.1g 8.9g 1g 135mg 31.8g 4.4mg