- 200g brown rice
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400g tofu, cubed
- 800g frozen mixed vegetables
- 80g balti curry paste
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1tsp runny honey
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 40g roasted unsalted cashews
- Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion for 4 min. Add the tofu and fry for 3–4 min until golden. Add the mixed vegetables, curry paste and chickpeas and stir for a few min to heat through. Add the honey and tomatoes, then fill the tomato can with about 100ml water, swill it around and add it to the pan. Simmer for 10 min or until the sauce thickens (add more water if you prefer a thinner sauce).
- Serve the curry with the rice, topped with the cashews and garnished with coriander, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
565kcal 27.4g 17.8g 2g 16.8g 18.1g 0.9g 264mg 78.6g 8.1mg