- 1tbsp olive oil
- 450g frozen Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1tsp sugar
- 250g fettuccine or linguine
- 250g cavolo nero, shredded
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh basil leaves
- 30g parmesan-style vegetarian cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the frozen Quorn meatballs and the pepper and cook, stirring gently, for 5 min or until the meatballs are browned and the pepper is tender.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes and sugar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, then simmer for 10–12 min until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan according to the pack instructions, adding the cavolo nero for the last 2 min of the cooking time. Drain, then return to the pan. Add the meatballs and sauce and toss together.
- Divide among 4 bowls, then scatter over the basil and cheese to serve.
TIP If you can’t get hold of cavolo nero, use spinach, adding it to the sauce in step 2 for the last 2 min of cooking.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
423 26.1g 9.7g 3.6g 8.7g 14.6g 1.5g 215mg 60.4g 3mg