- 2 peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 aubergine, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 courgettes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 300g small tomatoes, halved
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 600g French-trimmed rack of lamb (ask your butcher to do this, or buy ready prepared)
- Fresh herbs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the vegetables and tomatoes in a roasting tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, garlic and oregano, then drizzle two-thirds into the roasting tray. Use your hands to lightly toss the vegetables and tomatoes to coat, then roast on the top shelf of the oven for 25 min.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining oil mixture in a medium bowl with the lamb and use your hands to coat the meat.
- Bring a frying pan to a high heat, then add the lamb and cook for 2 min on each side or until browned. Transfer the meat to a plate, then cover and leave to rest for 20 min.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven and turn the vegetables. Make space in the middle of the tray, add the lamb and return to the oven for a further 25 min.
- Remove the tray from the oven, cover with foil and set aside for 5–10 min to allow the lamb to rest. Slice into individual cutlets and serve with the ratatouille, garnished with herbs.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
236 35.7g 35.7g 3.4g 0.4g 0.2g 0.4g 15mg 0.4g 2.7mg