- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly diced
- 1 courgette, roughly diced
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 60g couscous (about ½ mug)
- Heat 1tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the diced onion and courgette, season generously with freshly ground black pepper, then fry for about 10 min. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for another 10 min. Season again with pepper.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the ½ stock cube in 100–150ml (½ mug – see tip) boiling water in a large heatproof jug or bowl. Stir in the couscous and leave to stand for 5 min, then fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the ratatouille with the couscous, drizzled with the remaining 1tsp oil and sprinkled with more black pepper to taste.
Tip Use the same mug to measure the water and the couscous as the volume should be roughly equal.
Recipe from Vegan One Pound Meals by Miguel Barclay (Headline, £16.99), out now.