- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp mild curry powder
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder, dissolved in 900ml boiling water
- 2tbsp mango chutney
- 300g dried red lentils
- 4tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt and 4 wholemeal pitta breads, warmed, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Spray a large, deep, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min or until soft. Add the curry powder and cook for 2 min.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil, then add the cauliflower and squash and toss to coat with the onion and curry powder mixture. Add the tomatoes, stock and chutney. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 min. Add the lentils and simmer for 20 min until soft.
- Season the dhal with black pepper, then divide among 4 bowls. Serve topped with the yogurt and garnished with coriander, if using, with the warm pittas on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
542kcal 33.6g 3.5g 0.6g 15.1g 23.5g 2g 204mg 98.3g 12mg