- 400g skinless and boneless firm white fish fillets, roughly chopped
- 2tsp gluten-free Thai red curry paste, plus 1tbsp extra
- ½tsp brown sugar
- Grated zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 100g finely chopped shallots (frozen are fine)
- 2tbsp peanut oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into batons
- 1 courgette, sliced into rounds, or half-moons if large
- 1tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 400g can light coconut milk – we used East End
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown rice, heated according to the pack instructions
- 125g beansprouts, blanched, and 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a food processor, blitz the fish fillets, 2tsp curry paste and brown sugar into a coarse paste. Add the lime zest and chopped shallots and pulse again.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into about 20 even-size balls..
- Add the extra 1tbsp curry paste to the pan and cook for 30 sec until fragrant. Add the veg and ginger, and cook for 2–3 min. Add the coconut milk and fish balls, then cover and cook for 10 min, turning the balls once.
- Divide the rice and fish balls among 4 plates. Top with the beansprouts and coriander and serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
416 25g 13g 8.6g 6g 8.8g 0.5g 69mg 44g 2.1mg