- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 100g low-fat spread
- 160g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175g gluten-free self-raising flour (see cook’s tips)
- ½tsp gluten-free baking powder (see cook’s tips)
- 1tsp ground mixed spice
- Zest 1 large orange, plus extra to decorate
- 75g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- ½tsp concentrated red food colouring
For the filling
- 175g cranberries
- 1tbsp granulated stevia
- 175g fat-free Greek yogurt
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 12-hole mini sandwich tin with oil.
- Put all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the holes, then bake for 18–20 min until firm to the touch. Leave to cool for 5 min in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put the cranberries in a pan with the stevia and 2tbsp water. Cook over a medium heat for 3–4 min until the cranberries soften. Set aside to cool.
- When the cakes are cold, slice in half horizontally. Use half the 175g yogurt to top the bases, followed by half the cranberries. Replace the sponge tops, then spoon over the rest of the yogurt and cranberries and decorate with the extra zest.
COOK’S TIPS l If you don’t have a mini sandwich tin, you can use silicon cases or a muffin tin lined with paper cases. Instead of slicing the cakes in half, just top with the yogurt and cranberries.
Don’t need your cakes to be gluten free? Regular self-raising flour and baking powder work just as well.