- Cooking oil spray
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- 1½tsp Mexican or Cajun seasoning
- 250g pack ready-to-heat rice
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g tomatoes, diced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 100g reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 2 red peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 2 green peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion and courgette, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until soft. Stir in the Mexican or Cajun seasoning, then remove from the heat. Add the rice, beans, tomatoes, coriander and half the cheese. Mix well.
- Put the peppers cut-side up in the prepared baking tray and fill with the rice mixture. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and spray with oil, then bake for 20–25 min until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
283 17g 6.7g 3.1g 9.4g 12.2g 1.1g 300mg 41.3g 3mg