- Cooking oil spray
- 200g brown rice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 200g chard or spinach, leaves chopped
- 5 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 3tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian parmesan-style hard cheese
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish with a little oil. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onions until slightly caramelised. Put the chard or spinach in a lidded bowl and microwave on high for 2 min. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving a little of both cheeses and the tomatoes, and season with black pepper. Spoon into the prepared dish, then arrange the tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35–40 min until golden.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
411 21g 16.6g 5.3g 4.7g 6.4g 0.9g 318mg 48g 3.5mg