- 16 prepared scallops in the shell
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp reduced-salt dark soy sauce
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced lengthways
- Pour 2.5cm water into the base of a wide, shallow pan and bring to the boil. Loosen the scallops from their shells but leave them in place. Sprinkle each with the ginger, then arrange them, in batches if necessary, on a petal steamer (a standard metal or wooden steamer will work, too).
- Lower them into the pan, then reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 4 min or until just cooked. Remove and keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Meanwhile, warm the sesame oil and soy sauce in a small pan.
- Drizzle the warm soy and sesame sauce over the steamed scallops, sprinkle with the coriander leaves and spring onions, then serve straightaway.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
102kcal 14.4g 3.6g 0.7g 0.1g 1g 1.1g 22mg 3.1g 0.8mg