- 250g ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 20g parmesan-style vegetarian cheese, grated
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 60g plain flour
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2tbsp shredded fresh sage leaves
- Drain the ricotta in a fine sieve, then transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the egg, most of the cheese (reserving 1tbsp to serve), the nutmeg and flour. Season with black pepper and mix with a fork, then chill for 30 min.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Fill a small glass or bowl with cold water. Dip a dessertspoon into the cold water, then scoop up small rugby ball shapes of the ricotta mixture (keep wetting the spoon). Add to the boiling water by tapping the spoon sharply against the side of the pan. Cook for 3 min or until the gnocchi bob on the surface. Drain well using a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 2 min. Add 3tbsp water and cook for a further 3 min or until the tomatoes soften.
- Divide the tomatoes and gnocchi between 2 plates, then serve scattered with the sage and remaining cheese, seasoned with black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
451 23.4g 26.7g 12.6g 3.3g 7.6g 0.7g 496mg 31.2g 2.4mg