- 250g asparagus, thinly sliced
- 150g ricotta
- 2tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 250g spinach, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the asparagus in a small heatproof bowl and just cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 min, then drain.
- Put the ricotta, basil, spring onions, lemon zest and 100g of the drained asparagus in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Season with black pepper.
- Cut a deep, horizontal pocket in the thick side of each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through. Stuff each pocket with a quarter of the ricotta mixture and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and put over a high heat. Add the stuffed chicken breasts and cook for 2 min on each side or until golden. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking tray and bake for 10–12 min until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, remaining asparagus and chives in a small bowl and set aside.
- Clean the frying pan, then spray with a little more oil and return to a high heat. Add the spinach, tossing for about 2 min or until just wilted.
Want more? Here are 20 healthy chicken recipes for you.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
259 43.7g 7.1g 3.3g 3.9g 5g 0.6g 232mg 5.2g 3.2mg