User Review( votes)
- For the romesco sauce:
- 24g skin-on almonds, toasted
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 slice of stale white bread, torn up (crusts are perfect)
- ½ red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 90g roasted red peppers from a jar
- Good handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- For the toasts:
- 500g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- 120g ricotta
- 4-6 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Prepare the romesco sauce by placing all the ingredients in a food processor and blitzing until they are combined but still have texture. Season with ground black pepper. Reserve 80g for the rest of the recipe – it makes a generous amount so save leftovers in a jar in the fridge with some extra virgin olive oil on top of the sauce to seal its freshness.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a medium heat. Brush the tenderstem with oil and butter and arrange across the base of the pan. Allow to char for approximately 4 minutes either side until tender and each piece has deep char marks. If you would prefer your tenderstem even more tender, add a splash of water to the pan and cover with a lid for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread each slice of sourdough toast with a 1 tbsp ricotta and top with the charred tenderstem, a tablespoon of romesco sauce and toasted almonds.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
447 23g 22g 6.9g 7.7g 5.2g 1.6g 428mg 34.7g 3.5mg