- 250g rigatoni
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways then sliced
- 2 peppers (one red, one green), chopped into 2cm pieces
- 4tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 100g baby spinach
- 40g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, grated, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan with a lid over a medium heat. Sauté the aubergine and red onion for 8 min.
- Add the crushed garlic, chickpeas and tomatoes to the frying pan along with half a can of water. Cover the pan and simmer, stirring often, for 5 min or until the aubergine is just tender. Add the courgette and chopped peppers. Cook, uncovered, for 5 more min.
- Add the cooked pasta, basil and baby spinach to the pan and stir to combine. Season with cracked black pepper, then divide among 4 pasta bowls and sprinkle over the cheese to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
441 20g 8.5g 2.7g 7.5g 15g 0.2g 242mg 66g 6.3mg