- 350g baby carrots or large carrots sliced into wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus 2tsp for the nut crumble
- 1tbsp pine nuts
- 30g hazelnuts, ground in a pestle and mortar
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g arborio rice
- 2 very low salt gluten-free vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres boiling water
- 80g baby spinach
- 75g crumbled reduced-fat feta
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the carrots on a baking tray, spray with oil and bake for 40–50 min until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the 2tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pine nuts and ground hazelnuts and cook for 2–3 min until golden. Transfer to a bowl, then stir in the parsley.
- Heat the remaining 1tbsp olive oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion, leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the rice and stir for 1–2 min until toasted and coated with oil. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover the dish with the lid or foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20–25 min or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add the spinach and most of the feta and stir until the cheese is melted. Season with black pepper, then top with the carrots and pine nut crumble and sprinkle over the remaining feta to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
504 13g 16g 3.3g 6.3g 9.2g 0.7g 96mg 71g 2.2mg