- 400g raw beetroot, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 500g floury potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 500g beef fillet
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Toss the beetroot in a mixing bowl with ½tbsp of the oil, then scatter on one side of the baking tray. Mix the potatoes and onions in the bowl with another 1tbsp of the oil, then scatter over the rest of the tray. Roast on the middle shelf for 45–50 min until golden.
- While the veg are roasting, season the beef with ground black pepper and rub all over with another ½tbsp of the oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat, then brown the beef all over. Transfer to a roasting tin, put on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 15–18 min for medium-rare (add 5 min for medium).
- Transfer the beef to a plate, cover with foil and rest for 20 min. When the vegetables are roasted and tender, turn off the oven and leave them inside.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans for 3 min in a pan of boiling water, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, remaining oil, mustard and plenty of ground black pepper. Put the salad leaves and green beans in a large bowl and toss gently with two-thirds of the dressing. Transfer to a large serving plate, then arrange the roasted veg among the leaves. Thinly slice the beef and add to the salad, then drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.
Nutrition per serving
302 24.8g 10.2g 2.4g 6.9g 12.8g 0.4g 117mg 29.4g 4.8mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.