- ½ x 250g pack ready to heat brown rice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 50g deli-bought lean rare roast beef slices, or leftover lean roast beef, thinly sliced
- 40g mixed rocket, watercress and spinach
- 2tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the rice in the microwave according to the pack instructions, then transfer to a bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, season with ground black pepper and toss to combine, then serve.
Pack and go: If you have a microwave at your workplace, heat the rice, then toss with the remaining salad ingredients (pack them in an airtight container). Otherwise, heat the rice as in step 1, cool quickly on a plate, then toss with the remaining ingredients and chill.