- 1kg trimmed boneless leg of lamb
- 175g couscous
- 100g pitted dried dates, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Cooking oil spray
- 1tbsp chopped rosemary
- 500g steamed green beans, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Unroll the lamb (if rolled) and put on a large baking tray.
- Put the couscous into a medium bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Cover and stand for 2–3 min. Fluff up with a fork, then stir in the dates, spring onions, almonds, cumin, fennel seeds and thyme.
- Set aside two-thirds of the couscous mixture. Spoon the remaining third of the mixture on to the lamb flesh. Roll up and tie at intervals with kitchen string to secure. Lightly spray the lamb with oil and sprinkle with the rosemary and some freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 1 hr 30 min, or until cooked to your liking (loosely cover with foil if the stuffing starts to burn). Remove from the oven and rest for 15 min before carving.
- While the lamb is cooking, lightly spray a small ovenproof dish with oil and fill with the remaining couscous mixture. Bake alongside the lamb for the last 30 min of cooking. Serve the lamb with the extra couscous, the steamed green beans and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
484 41.8g 19.1g 6.3g 5.4g 13.8g 0.3g 118mg 37.9g 5.7mg